Take VTA’s Holly Trolley to Christmas in the Park!
For more information about the “official public transportation partner” for Christmas in the Park, visit: http://www.vta.org/trolley
There are plenty of parking lots and street spaces available for you to park in, but remember, Christmas in the Park is a major event in San José, so please plan accordingly. Public transportation or carpooling with friends and family will save you time and money, but if you insist on bringing your own sleigh, make sure you plan where you are going to park so you are not driving around aimlessly as Park-goers dodge in and out of the streets.
Some of the most popular garages for Christmas in the Park are all within walking distance. Rates and fees differ from garage to garage. Check www.sjdowntownparking.com for the City of San Jose parking rates.
- Third Street Garage (95 N. Third Street, Just north of Santa Clara Street)
- Market/San Pedro Square Garage (45 N. Market Street, between Santa Clara and St. John streets)
- Fourth Street Garage (44 S. Fourth Street, at San Fernando Street across from the Dr. Martin Luther King., Jr. Library)
- Second & San Carlos Street Garage (280 S. Second Street, also accessible from South Third Street)
Parking is $3 per hour from 6:00a.m.-6:00p.m., and $5 after 6:00p.m. evenings and all day Saturday, Sunday and holidays at the City of San Jose garages listed above.
Rates in lots and garages open to the public that are owned by private operators are subject to change without notice.
Closest facilities to Christmas in the Park are:
- Fairmont Plaza Garage, 50 W. San Fernando St., under the ice rink
- Pavilion Garage at Second and San Fernando streets
- Central Place Garage and Lot between Second and Third streets at San Fernando
- Surface lots at Second and San Fernando and San Carlos and South Market streets
- CityView Plaza Garage, 115 S. Market St.
- 95 S. Market Garage
- Valley Title Lot at San Carlos and South Second streets
All curbside spaces surrounding the Plaza de Cesar Chavez Park will be blocked off. However, all other metered parking spots will be available for use. Please make sure you park within the dash-marks and pay the proper amount in the meter to avoid a parking ticket.
- $1 per hour
- Meters take nickels, dimes, quarters and dollar coins
- Majority of metered parking is limited to 1 or 2 hours
- Downtown meters operate 9am to 6pm, Monday to Sunday
- Motorcyclists can park FREE on downtown streets in designated areas.
San José Clean Air Vehicle Program
Drive a sleigh that helps reduce auto emissions and improves the environment? Well, then the City of San José offers you FREE parking at participating municipal off-street parking facilities, on-street meters and San José regional park and recreation lots. Check out http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/carpool/carpool.htm to see if your car is eligible.
Enter your address in the map below or follow the link on the right for directions to Christmas in the Park.