Want to stay off of Santa’s Naughty List and guarantee yourself on Santa’s Good List? Here’s the perfect way!
Volunteering with Christmas in the Park is more than just putting up trees and decorations, but being a part of a strong, community tradition. Christmas in the Park is made possible each year by overwhelming community support. Over 257,000 volunteer hours are required each year to put on this holiday event, so we can’t do it without you!
With leadership from the Board of Directors and Christmas in the Park staff plus support from our partners, we are able to recruit volunteers. You don’t have to be on Santa’s good list to help out. Anyone and everyone from any age is able to participate!
We need adults to help supervise and kids to be supervised, so gather your friends and family and be a part of this magical tradition!
There are some rules when it comes to volunteering. Here are the basics
- All volunteers under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult supervisor
- All volunteers must sign a waiver form. Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the waiver form signed by a parent or guardian
- Wear old clothes suitable for painting and closed-toe shoes.
- Volunteers must be registered with GoVoluntr to get credit for your community service hours.
Possible Volunteer Duties
- Renovate and clean displays
- Sort lights and ornaments
- Special projects for groups
- Make/Repair costumes for animated figures
- Supervise other volunteers
- Park set-up
- Donation Collection
All signups can be completed online and do not require any paperwork to be mailed in. However, you will need to complete a (waiver) form to bring with you when you come in for your shift.
Corporate Volunteer Programs
If your corporation is looking for a team building exercise or a community service project, please send an email to email@example.com/. He’ll be able to provide you with some ideas or projects that will fit your needs.
Looking for community service hours?
Students can earn important hours helping Christmas in the Park prepare for the 2014 opening.
Registration is limited to the first 50 students. Plan to arrive at 8:45 a.m. and bring your completed and signed Waiver Form.
- October 4, 11, 18, 25 from 8:45 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- November 1 from 8:45 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
All of the above work parties will be held at the Display Shop at 1661 Senter Road.
- November 22, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
We will accept 200 volunteers for this set up day. This volunteer day will be held downtown in the Plaza de Cesar Chavez Park. Look for possible additional dates to be added during the year!
TiVo “Santa Run Silicon Valley”
In addition to volunteer opportunities with Christmas in the Park, you can also sign up to work at the 2014 TiVo “Santa Run Silicon Valley.” This 5K “fun run” is held on December 14, 2014.
- December 12-14 at various times and locations.
- Responsibilities include packet pick-up, registration, day-of volunteering and course work.
How to sign up:
These volunteer opportunities are managed through GoVoluntr where you’ll win rewards for volunteering.
Sign up at www.govoluntr.com today!