Volunteer Sign-Ups Begin August 10, 2015
Want to stay off of Santa’s Naughty List and guarantee yourself on Santa’s Good List? Here’s the perfect way!
Volunteering with Christmas in the Park is more than just putting up trees and decorations, but being a part of a strong, community tradition. Christmas in the Park is made possible each year by overwhelming community support. Over 257,000 volunteer hours are required each year to put on this holiday event, so we can’t do it without you!
With leadership from the Board of Directors and Christmas in the Park staff plus support from our partners, we are able to recruit volunteers. You don’t have to be on Santa’s good list to help out. Anyone and everyone from any age is able to participate!
We need adults to help supervise and kids to be supervised, so gather your friends and family and be a part of this magical tradition!
There are some rules when it comes to volunteering. Here are the basics
- All volunteers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult supervisor
- All volunteers must sign a waiver form. Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the waiver form signed by a parent or guardian
- Wear old clothes suitable for painting and closed-toe shoes.
Possible Volunteer Duties
- Renovate and clean displays
- Sort lights and ornaments
- Special projects for groups
- Make/Repair costumes for animated figures
- Supervise other volunteers
- Park set-up
- Donation Collection
All signups can be completed online and do not require any paperwork to be mailed in. However, you will need to complete a (waiver) form to bring with you when you come in for your shift.
Corporate Volunteer Programs
If your corporation is looking for a team building exercise or a community service project, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. He’ll be able to provide you with some ideas or projects that will fit your needs.
Looking for community service hours?
Students can earn important hours helping Christmas in the Park prepare for the 2015 opening and during the run of our event
Saturdays at the Display Shop – come out and help us prep before we move into the park (limit 60 per day)
Set-Up Saturday – November 21 (limit 250)
Our largest volunteer day of the year! Come out and help us put the finishing touches on our event!
Arts & Crafts Saturdays – helps kids with arts & crafts projects* (limit 10 per day)
- November 28, December 5, 12, 19, 26 and January 2 from 10:30am-2:30pm
*Note: Arts & Crafts Saturdays take place at Christmas in the Park in front of the information booth.
Decorating Days (2 shifts per day, limit 8 people per shift each day)
- November 24 and 25 (9am-5pm) – decorating days. We need help as over 500 groups come to decorate their trees at Christmas in the Park.
TiVo “Santa Run Silicon Valley”
In addition to volunteer opportunities with Christmas in the Park, you can also sign up to work at the 2015 TiVo “Santa Run Silicon Valley.” This 5K “fun run” is held on December 13, 2015.
- December 11-13 at various times and locations.
- Responsibilities include packet pick-up, registration, day-of volunteering and course work.
How to sign up:
Volunteer opportunities will be posted by August 10, 2015 – please check back then to sign up!